Monday 23 April 2012

World Book night

It is time! The biggest celebration of books around the globe is today!

World Book Night is celebrated primarily in the UK, Ireland, Germany and the USA. With this year's title "A milion reasons to read a book" this event is spreading the word on literacy and the celebration, sharing and enjoyment of reading! Even here in little Belgium, there are bookstores, libraries and cultural centres that have incorporated small-scale events to mark the UNESCO International Day of the Book.

A big hello and thank you to Belezza, Allie and all other bloggers who are participating in this worthy cause and are gifting books in their communities to spread the love and joy of reading on this day!

As my small contribution to this event, I have put those books I have not yet read from the list of the 2012 UK books in my TBR for this year:

The 2012 UK books  and those I've already under my belt!







4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. Guess I know what I'll be watching this evening, BBC usually have nice coverage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not this year, I'm afraid...

      Delete
  2. Wow, you're really making your way through that list! Yay for a day celebrating for celebrating reading. I'm currently making my way through "Brain Trust", a fun little book with short articles answering random questions from the forefront of science. =)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...